General Ledger & Revenue Manager
Finance / Redwood City, CA, United States
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for an experienced General Ledger & Revenue Manager to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of the business, working cross-functionally with our teams and ensuring accurate and timely billing and collection. High business acumen is a must.
- Responsible for month end close activities and preparation of revenue schedules, journal entries, invoice creation, account analysis and reconciliations of including but not limited to: advertising revenue, programmatic revenue, publisher payments, accounts receivable, commissions, revenue to cash reconciliation
- Work with Account Management and AdOps team to resolve billing discrepancies and initiate the payment collection process on a timely basis
- Responsible for the consolidation of the subsidiaries in China and Hong Kong
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedules prepared by the team
- Calculate quarterly commission pay-out for US and UK sellers
- Work with outside consultant to book quarterly stock-based compensation expense
- Assist the annual financial audits and the tax filings of the parent company and all subsidiaries
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters including adoption of ASC 606
- Champion process and system improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness for revenue to cash process by tracking common issues and recommend operational changes
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization and provide a high level of customer service within the Finance department and to internal business partners
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a strong internal operational controls environment
- Mentor team members
- Work on other special projects involving accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues, etc.
- Help lead critical accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, close efficiency, management reporting.
- 5-8 years of experience in finance and accounting in a fast growth, privately held company
- BA or BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- Broad knowledge of general ledger, subledger, consolidation and international subsidiaries accounting
- Must be a highly motivated individual with attention to detail
- Should be highly structured, disciplined and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills with employees at all levels
- Work effectively with external experts including attorneys, stock base compensation consultants, tax and audit firms
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel NetSuite or similar ERP system experience
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform